The spiritual meaning of a candle encompasses a range of symbolisms, including illumination, enlightenment, and reverence.
It represents the light in the darkness, guiding us through uncertainties and symbolizing our spiritual selves. Candles also signify a calm presence and connection to the divine.
In spiritual terms, a candle’s light is often seen as representing divine light, helping to manifest our intentions and desires in the universe.
It’s said that each flame has a specific frequency and resonates with certain energies, aiding in healing, meditation, and rituals. It’s a universal symbol of peace and hope, used widely in religious and spiritual practices worldwide.
During meditation, the flame of a candle can serve as a point of focus, allowing us to center our thoughts and deepen our spiritual awareness.
It’s not just the light of the candle we’re drawn to, but the transformative power of fire that symbolizes change, passion, and purification.
10 Candle Colors: Spiritual Meaning of Candle
|Purity, Truth, Serenity
|Passion, Energy, Courage
|Peace, Communication, Wisdom
|Joy, Success, Mental Clarity
|Abundance, Fertility, Healing
|Transformation, Spirituality, Mystery
|Love, Harmony, Emotional Healing
|Creativity, Legal Matters, Joy
|Grounding, Concentration, Telepathic Power
|Protection, Absorbing Negativity, Banishing
Five Facts About: Spiritual Meaning of a Candle
The Power Of Candlelight: Illuminating The Spiritual Realm
Candles have always held a special place in our lives. Their flickering flame and gentle glow create an ambiance that is both soothing and enchanting.
Beyond their aesthetic appeal, candles have deep-rooted spiritual significance and serve as a bridge between the physical and spiritual realms.
Let’s delve into the spiritual meaning of candles and explore their profound essence.
Candles As A Bridge Between Worlds
- Candles have been used for centuries in spiritual practices across various cultures.
- The flame of a candle represents the divine presence, serving as a connection between the physical and spiritual realms.
- Lighting a candle can create a sacred space, inviting higher energies, angels, and spiritual guides into our lives.
- Candles act as a focal point during meditation and prayer, aiding in concentration and enhancing spiritual experiences.
The Warmth And Serenity Of Candlelight
- The soft, warm glow of a candle brings a sense of comfort and tranquility.
- Candlelight promotes relaxation, reduces stress, and creates a soothing ambiance.
- The warm hues produced by candles have a calming effect on the mind and body.
- Taking a moment to bask in the gentle flickering of a candle can be a form of self-care and a way to unwind after a long day.
The Spiritual Essence Of Illumination
- Candles symbolize illumination and enlightenment, representing the spiritual journey of individuals.
- The act of lighting a candle can be seen as a metaphor for igniting the inner light within oneself.
- As the flame of a candle illuminates the darkness, it reminds us to seek inner wisdom and truth.
- Candles can be used as tools for manifestation and intention-setting, harnessing their spiritual energy to manifest desires and goals.
Incorporating candles into our spiritual practices and daily lives can enhance our spiritual connection, bring peace and serenity, and serve as a reminder of the light that resides within us. Embrace the power of candlelight and let it illuminate your spiritual realm.
Fire And Light: Unveiling The Sacred Nature Of Candle Flames
The Dance Of Flames: A Connection To The Divine
Fire has long been revered as a symbol of power and illumination across various spiritual and religious traditions. In the realm of spirituality, candles have held a significant place, serving as a gateway to the divine.
The dance of flames within a candle flame carries deep symbolism, allowing individuals to connect with the sacred in profound ways.
Let’s dive into the spiritual significance behind this mesmerizing phenomenon.
Element of transformation:
Fire is an elemental force that possesses the capacity to transform and transmute. It symbolizes the process of release and purification, allowing individuals to let go of negativity and embrace change.
The flickering flames of a candle represent the transient nature of life and the opportunity for personal growth and transformation.
Illumination and enlightenment:
Candle flames are often associated with illumination, both literally and metaphorically. The gentle, steady glow of a candle flame can create a serene and sacred ambiance, aiding in meditation, prayer, and introspection.
The flame serves as a metaphor for inner enlightenment, guiding individuals towards spiritual awakening and self-discovery.
Reverberation of divine energy:
The dance of flames within a candle echoes the pulsating energy of the divine. It mirrors the ebb and flow of life, symbolizing the rhythmic dance of creation and destruction.
By focusing on the movement of the flames, one can attune themselves to the divine energy present in every moment, fostering a deeper connection with the spiritual realm.
The Symbolic Transformation Of Fire
Fire holds a myriad of symbolic meanings, evoking emotions and stirring the human spirit. When we observe the flickering flames of a candle, we witness the transformative power of fire manifested in a delicate form.
Here are some key symbolic aspects of fire as exemplified by candle flames:
Passion and desire:
Fire has long been associated with the primal forces of passion, desire, and creativity. Just as a candle flame burns with an intense fervor, it symbolizes our own inner passions and the pursuit of our deepest desires.
The flame encourages us to embrace our passions and channel our creative energies into manifesting our dreams.
Purification and renewal:
Fire has the remarkable ability to purify and cleanse. In the spiritual context, the flames of a candle can be seen as a medium for releasing negative energies, purging emotional baggage, and inviting renewal.
The act of lighting a candle can serve as a ritualistic cleansing practice, allowing us to let go of what no longer serves us and make space for new beginnings.
Guidance and protection:
Throughout history, fire has been revered for its ability to provide warmth, light, and protection. In the same vein, candle flames symbolize guidance and protection on our spiritual journey.
The gently flickering light serves as a beacon, illuminating the path ahead and providing comfort in times of darkness or uncertainty.
Harnessing The Energy Of Candle Flames
The flames of a candle possess an inherent energy that can be harnessed for various spiritual practices. By engaging with the energy of candle flames, individuals can deepen their connection to the divine and tap into their inner power.
Here are a few ways to harness and channel the energy of candle flames:
Meditation and visualization:
Light a candle and focus your gaze upon the flame during your meditation practice. Allow the dance of flames to draw you into a state of deep relaxation and inner stillness.
Visualize the flame as a conduit for divine energy, enveloping you in its warm embrace and guiding you towards inner peace and clarity.
Manifestation and intention setting:
Write down your intentions or desires on a piece of paper and place it beneath a lit candle. As the flames burn, visualize your intentions being infused with the transformative energy of the fire.
As the candle burns down, release your intentions to the universe, trusting in the power of the flame to manifest your desires.
Ritual and ceremony:
Incorporate candles into your spiritual rituals and ceremonies to amplify their significance. Whether it’s lighting a candle to honor a loved one, performing an ancestral offering, or marking a sacred occasion, the flame acts as a focal point for reverence and intention.
Allow the candle flame to serve as a conduit between the physical and spiritual realms, enhancing the energy and intention behind your rituals.
Candles hold a deep spiritual meaning, with their flames offering a gateway to the divine.
By understanding and engaging with the dance of flames, we can tap into the transformative power of fire, evoke deep symbolism, and harness the energy for our spiritual practices.
The flickering candle flame truly is a sacred and illuminating presence in our lives.
Colors Of The Soul: Decoding The Spiritual Meanings Of Candle Colors
Candles have been used in spiritual practices for centuries, each color possessing its own unique energy and symbolism.
By understanding the spiritual meanings behind different candle colors, you can enhance the power of your rituals and manifest your intentions more effectively.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the most common candle colors and their profound spiritual significance.
White Candles: Purity And Spiritual Growth
- White candles represent purity, innocence, and spiritual growth.
- They can be used for numerous purposes, such as purification rituals, connecting with higher realms, and seeking guidance from divine beings.
- Lighting a white candle helps create a tranquil atmosphere conducive to meditation and self-reflection.
- The color white also signifies peace, protection, and the presence of divine light.
Red Candles: Passion, Energy, And Vitality
- Red candles symbolize passion, love, and vibrant energy.
- They are often used in rituals designed to ignite passion, enhance motivation, and attract love and romance.
- Lighting a red candle can infuse you with vitality, courage, and a sense of adventure.
- Red candles are also associated with the element of fire, making them powerful tools for transformation and action.
Blue Candles: Peace, Tranquility, And Healing
- Blue candles embody qualities such as peace, tranquility, and emotional healing.
- They promote relaxation, deep inner calm, and serenity.
- Lighting a blue candle can help clear your mind, release stress and anxiety, and promote restful sleep.
- Blue candles are commonly used in healing rituals and meditation practices to invoke the soothing and harmonizing energy of water.
Green Candles: Abundance, Fertility, And Renewal
- Green candles symbolize abundance, growth, and the fertility of nature.
- They are often used in rituals aimed at attracting wealth, prosperity, and good fortune.
- Lighting a green candle can help you tap into the rejuvenating and nurturing energy of the earth.
- Green candles also represent renewal, hope, and the manifestation of new beginnings.
Purple Candles: Spirituality, Intuition, And Divine Wisdom
- Purple candles are associated with spirituality, intuition, and higher consciousness.
- They enhance psychic abilities and provide a connection to divine wisdom.
- Lighting a purple candle during meditation or spiritual practices can assist in accessing spiritual realms and expanding your spiritual awareness.
- Purple candles are often used in rituals intended for spiritual growth, enhancing intuition, and seeking guidance from spiritual guides and higher beings.
Yellow Candles: Clarity, Joy, And Positive Energy
- Yellow candles radiate joy, happiness, and positive energy.
- They bring clarity of thought, enhance mental focus, and promote optimism.
- Lighting a yellow candle can help uplift your spirits, boost creativity, and invite positive energy into your life.
- Yellow candles are often used in rituals aimed at increasing personal power, manifesting goals, and inviting success and prosperity.
By understanding the spiritual meanings associated with different candle colors, you can infuse your spiritual practices with intention and purpose.
Whether you seek tranquility, abundance, or guidance in your life, harness the energy of candle colors to align your intentions with the universe and create a profound spiritual connection.
Manifesting Intentions: Rituals And Practices With Candles
Setting Your Intentions With Candle Magic
Candle magic is a powerful tool for manifesting your intentions and desires. By setting your intentions and focusing your energy, you can amplify the power of your manifestations.
Here are some key points to consider when using candles for setting intentions:
- Choose the right candle: Select a candle that resonates with your intention. Different colors and scents can have different energetic properties. For example, white candles represent purity and clarity, while green candles are associated with abundance and growth.
- Cleanse and prepare the candle: Before using a candle for intention setting, it’s important to cleanse it of any negative energies. You can do this by smudging the candle with sage or using visualization techniques to cleanse its energy.
- Set your intention: Take a moment to center yourself and focus on your desired outcome. Clearly state your intention either silently or aloud, infusing it with strong emotion and belief.
- Light the candle: As you light the candle, visualize your intention manifesting in your life. Allow the flame to represent the energy and momentum behind your desires.
- Take inspired action: Candle magic is not just about lighting a candle and waiting for miracles to happen. It’s important to take inspired action towards your goals. The candle serves as a reminder of your intentions and motivates you to take steps towards manifesting them.
Enhancing Meditation And Energy Work With Candles
Candles can greatly enhance your meditation and energy work practices by providing a focal point and creating a sacred space.
Here’s how candles can be used to enhance these spiritual practices:
- Focal point for meditation: The soft glow of a candle flame can help calm the mind and improve focus during meditation. By gazing at the flame, you can enter a state of deep relaxation and enhance your overall meditation experience.
- Creating a sacred space: Lighting candles during meditation or energy work helps create a sacred space that promotes a sense of calm and tranquility. The flickering flame can help you connect with your inner self and tap into a higher state of consciousness.
- Aligning energy centers: Candles can be placed strategically to correspond with the chakra system or energy centers of the body. Each chakra has a corresponding color, so using candles of those colors can help balance and align the energy in each chakra.
- Setting the mood: The soft, warm glow of candles can create a peaceful and serene ambiance, making it easier to relax and focus during meditation or energy work. They can also help to create a sense of ritual and intention in your practice.
Creating Sacred Spaces With Candle Arrangements
Arranging candles in a specific way can help create sacred spaces that invite peace, harmony, and spiritual connection.
Consider the following when creating candle arrangements:
- Altar or shrine: Candles can be placed on an altar or shrine as a way to honor deities, ancestors, or spiritual guides. This sacred space can be adorned with other meaningful items, such as crystals, statues, or symbols that hold significance to you.
- Feng shui and energy flow: Candles can be used to enhance the flow of energy in a space according to feng shui principles. Placing candles strategically in different areas of a room can help balance and harmonize the energy, creating a more sacred and peaceful.
- Ritual and ceremony: Candle arrangements can be used during rituals and ceremonies to mark special occasions or spiritual practices. The arrangement itself can be symbolic, representing the elements, directions, or intentions of the ritual.
- Meditation or relaxation corners: By creating a designated space for meditation or relaxation, you can enhance your practice and create a sacred atmosphere. Arrange candles, cushions, and other soothing elements to facilitate serenity and inner peace.
Incorporating Aromatherapy With Candle Burning
Combining the power of candles with aromatherapy adds an extra dimension to your spiritual practice.
Consider the following when incorporating aromatherapy with candle burning:
- Selecting scented candles: Choose candles with aromas that align with your intentions and goals. For example, lavender is often used to promote relaxation and sleep, while citrus scents can boost energy and mood.
- Enhancing mood and atmosphere: Aromatherapy candles can help create a specific mood or atmosphere in your sacred space. For example, a candle with a calming scent like chamomile can promote a soothing and tranquil ambiance.
- Combining candle scents with essential oils: You can enhance the aromatic experience by using complementary essential oils alongside your candles. Add a few drops of an essential oil to your candle or create a custom blend to intensify the aromatherapy benefits.
- Relaxation and stress relief: Lighting scented candles during meditation or relaxation sessions can aid in stress relief and relaxation. The aroma of certain scents can help calm the mind, release tension in the body, and promote inner peace.
Using Crystals And Gemstones In Candle Rituals
Crystals and gemstones are powerful tools that can be incorporated into candle rituals to amplify intentions and enhance the energy of the candles.
Here’s how you can use crystals and gemstones in conjunction with candle rituals:
Selecting crystal companions:
Choose crystals that align with your intention or desired outcome. Each crystal has unique energetic properties that can enhance specific intentions.
For example, amethyst is often used for spiritual growth and intuition, while rose quartz promotes love and self-acceptance.
Charging the crystals:
Before using the crystals in your candle rituals, it’s important to cleanse and charge them. You can do this by placing them in sunlight or moonlight, using sound vibration, or using visualization techniques.
Placing crystals around the candle:
Surrounding the candle with crystals creates an energetic grid that enhances the intention of the ritual. You can place crystals directly on the altar or around the candle arrangement to amplify the energy.
Affirmations and visualizations:
As you light the candles, hold the crystals in your hands and recite affirmations or visualize your intention manifesting. Tap into the energy of the crystals and candles to support your desires.
Remember, candle rituals and practices are deeply personal and should always align with your own spiritual beliefs and intentions. Experiment, trust your intuition, and find what works best for you on your spiritual journey.
Embracing The Divine Light: Personal Reflections And Experiences
Candles have long been associated with spirituality, serving as a powerful tool for connecting with the divine and embracing the light within.
In this section, we will explore the personal reflections and experiences that individuals have had while working with candles in their spiritual practices.
From connecting with deities and higher beings to finding solace and guidance through candle flame messages, these stories illustrate the profound impact that candles can have on our spiritual journeys.
Connecting With Deities And Higher Beings Through Candles
- Lighting candles can create a sacred space and serve as a focal point for connecting with deities and higher beings.
- Many individuals have experienced a sense of presence and connection with divine energies when lighting candles in honor of specific deities or spiritual guides.
- The flame of the candle is often seen as a bridge between the physical and spiritual realms, facilitating communication and communion with the divine.
Finding Solace And Guidance In Candle Flame Messages
- When gazing into the flame of a candle, some individuals have reported receiving messages or insights that offer comfort, clarity, and guidance.
- Candle flame messages can vary in their forms, such as changes in flame size, flickering patterns, or sudden extinguishment.
- These messages are believed to be symbolic and can be interpreted based on intuition and personal meaning, providing spiritual guidance and support.
How Candles Can Deepen Your Spiritual Practice?
- Candles serve as powerful tools for intention-setting and manifestation in spiritual practices.
- The act of lighting a candle and focusing on its flame can enhance concentration and create a meditative state, deepening the spiritual experience.
- Incorporating candles into rituals and ceremonies can amplify the energy and intention of the practice, aiding in personal transformation and growth.
Personal Stories Of Transformation Through Candle Rituals
- Countless individuals have shared stories of how candle rituals have catalyzed transformative experiences in their lives.
- From healing wounds and releasing emotional burdens to manifesting goals and intentions, candles have played a significant role in their personal journeys.
- Through the combination of focused intention, visualization, and the energy of the candle flame, individuals have experienced profound shifts and positive changes.
Closing Thoughts On The Spiritual Meaning Of Candles
Candles hold a deep spiritual significance, representing the divine light within ourselves and our connection to the spiritual realm.
The personal reflections and experiences shared here highlight the transformative power of candles in our spiritual practices.
Whether used for connecting with deities, finding guidance, deepening meditation, or facilitating personal growth, candles serve as a tangible symbol of the sacred and a source of illumination on our spiritual paths.
Embrace the divine light within and allow candles to guide you on your own spiritual journey.
FAQ About The Spiritual Meaning Of Candle
What Is The Spiritual Meaning Of A Candle?
Candles have been used in spiritual practices across cultures to symbolize illumination and spiritual guidance.
How Does A Candle Represent Spirituality?
The flickering flame of a candle represents the presence of a higher power and serves as a focal point for meditation and prayer.
Can Candles Be Used For Spiritual Healing?
Yes, candles are used in spiritual healing practices to create a peaceful ambiance and promote relaxation and emotional well-being.
Are There Specific Colors That Have Spiritual Meanings?
Yes, different candle colors are believed to have specific spiritual meanings and can be used to enhance certain intentions or attract certain energies.
With its rich history and deep symbolism, candles hold a significant spiritual meaning. Across various cultures and religious practices, candles have been used to represent light, divinity, and spiritual enlightenment.
The flickering flame is often associated with the presence of spiritual beings and the connection between the physical and spiritual realms.
Candles also play a role in rituals and ceremonies, providing a focal point for meditation and prayer. The burning of candles is believed to cleanse and purify the surrounding environment, creating a sense of calm and tranquility.
Additionally, the different colors of candles can convey specific spiritual intentions and energies.
Whether it’s for setting intentions, invoking spiritual guidance, or simply creating a serene ambiance, candles hold a special place in the spiritual realm.
So, the next time you light a candle, take a moment to reflect on its deeper meaning and the spiritual significance it holds.
Let the flame illuminate your path and connect you to the divine.
Bonus: The Spiritual Meaning of Candle
What Does A Candle Symbolize?
A candle is often used as a symbol of prayer or as a sign of respect and remembrance. For many, it also represents hope.
What Does The Candle Symbolize In Christianity?
The candle is a universal symbol that has been used throughout history to represent a variety of meanings. In Christianity, the candle often symbolizes the light of Christ or the Holy Spirit.
It can also be used as a metaphor for Jesus as the “light of the world.” Candles are also used in many Christian ceremonies and rituals, such as baptisms, funerals, and communion.
What Do Burning Candles Symbolize?
When you light a candle, what do you think of? For many people, candles represent relaxation. The flickering flame is mesmerizing and can be used as a form of meditation.
Candles are also associated with setting the mood for romance or creating a calming ambiance.But did you know that candles have been used throughout history for religious ceremonies and other important events? Candles symbolize different things to different cultures, but there are some common themes.
In general, burning a candle is symbolic of bringing light into the darkness. It can represent hope, purity, and spiritual guidance. Candles are also often used to remember loved ones who have passed away.
The flame is seen as a connection to the spirit world.Whether you use candles for decoration, practicality, or spirituality, take a moment to think about the history and meaning behind this simple act next time you light one up!
Lighting A Candle For The Dead Meaning
When you light a candle for the dead, it is a sign of respect and remembrance. It is also a way to connect with the deceased and their spirit.
The flame of the candle symbolizes the eternal life of the soul, and as the candle burns, it is believed that the dead are able to hear your prayers.
There are many traditions surrounding candles and death. In some cultures, candles are lit at funerals and gravesites. In others, they are used in memorial services or placed on altars dedicated to the dead.
Candles can also be used in private rituals or ceremonies to honor a loved one who has passed away. No matter how you choose to use them, lighting candles for the dead is a beautiful way to keep their memory alive.
Symbol Of Candle In Death
The candle is a powerful symbol, often used in religious ceremonies and as a sign of respect or mourning. In many cultures, candles are used to represent the departed soul and are burned during funerals or memorial services.
The flickering flame of a candle can be seen as a metaphor for the life force itself, and the light of the candle is seen as a guide for the deceased on their journey to the afterlife.
For some, the burning of candles is also seen as a way to connect with loved ones who have passed away. By lighting a candle in their memory, we keep their spirit alive and close to us. Candles can also be used as part of spells or rituals designed to bring about positive change or achieve specific goals.
Whatever your beliefs, there is no doubt that candles hold great power and meaning. If you are looking for a way to honor someone who has died or create more light and positivity in your own life, consider making candles part of your practice.
Symbolism Of Candles
Candles are often used as symbols in religious or spiritual settings. They may represent the light of God or the soul of a person. Candles can also be used to represent hope, purity, and other positive qualities.
Meaning Of Lighting A Candle for Someone
When you light a candle for someone, it is a sign of hope. It shows that you are thinking of them and wishing them well.
Candles are often used in prayer, and lighting one for someone can be seen as a way of sending them your positive thoughts and energy.
There is no single meaning of lighting a candle for someone. It can be done as part of a religious or spiritual practice, or simply as a gesture of goodwill.
Whether you are Catholic and lighting candles in church, or Buddhist and meditating with candles at home, the act of lighting a flame can represent different things to different people.
For many, the act of lighting a candle is symbolic of letting go. As the flame burns, it can represent releasing negativity or bad vibes from your life.
If you are struggling with something in your life, like grief or anger, sometimes it can help to write down your thoughts on paper and then set them alight with a candle.
Watching the paper burn away can be strangely therapeutic and can help you to feel like you are moving on from whatever was troubling you. Sometimes people will light candles for others who are going through tough times, as a way of showing their support.
Candle Meaning In Life
Candles are often thought of as a source of light or warmth, but they can also be used as a tool for self-reflection and contemplation.
When you take the time to meditate on the meaning of a candle, it can be a powerful way to connect with your innermost thoughts and feelings. There are many different interpretations of what a candle symbolizes.
For some, it may represent the light of hope in the darkness. Others may see it as a representation of their own inner light, shining brightly even in the midst of difficult times.
When you reflect on the meaning of candles in your life, it can help to bring clarity and peace to your mind.
If you’re feeling lost or confused, taking a few moments to focus on the flame of a candle can help you find your way back to yourself.
Candle Symbolism Love
Candles have long been associated with love, and there are many different interpretations of what they symbolize. In some cultures, candles are thought to represent the light of love, while in others they may be seen as a more practical way to ward off evil spirits.
Whatever their meaning, candles play an important role in many romantic rituals and ceremonies.
|One popular belief is that candles can help attract love into your life. If you’re single and looking for love, lighting a candle may help you find your soulmate. It’s said that when you light a candle and make a wish for true love, the Universe will hear your request and work to bring it to fruition.
|Another interpretation is that candles represent the flames of passion. When two people are deeply in love, it’s said that their hearts burn with desire for one another. Candles can be used to ignite or rekindle the fires of passion in a relationship.
If your relationship has lost its spark, try lighting some candles and see if it helps reignite the flame of desire between you and your partner.
No matter what your beliefs about candle symbolism may be, there’s no denying that they add a touch of romance to any setting.
So whether you’re hoping to attract new love into your life or rekindle the passion in an existing relationship, don’t forget to keep some candles around!
Candle Symbolism In Literature
Candle Symbolism in Literature In literature, candles often symbolize hope. They are often used as a motif to represent the flickering light of hope in the face of darkness and adversity.
In addition, candles can also symbolize warmth, comfort, and protection. One of the most famous examples of candle symbolism can be found in The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien.
In this epic fantasy series, candles are regularly mentioned as being lit in windows to guide Frodo Baggins and his companions on their journey through Middle-earth.
The candles represent the hope that those at home have for the safe return of their loved ones. Another example of candle symbolism can be found in Charles Dickens’s A Christmas Carol.
In this classic holiday story, Scrooge is visited by three ghosts who take him on a journey through his past, present, and future.
At one point during his travels, Scrooge sees a single candle burning in a window and is told that it represents the love and generosity of Bob Cratchit’s family towards him despite his coldheartedness towards them.
This moment is significant because it shows how even a small act of kindness can make a big difference in someone’s life.
Finally, candle symbolism also appears in many religious texts such as the Bible and the Koran.
For Christians, candles are often used during worship services as a way to represent Christ’s light shining into the world (John 8:12). Muslims also use candles during religious ceremonies to remember Allah’s guidance and light (24:35).